Friday, March 29, 2013

Five reasons I am becoming Catholic.

I just realized that I am going to be Catholic in less than twenty four hours! I don't know whether to shout for joy, sob uncontrollably about what's to come, and what's been left behind, or collapse into to bed from utter exhaustion. So, I think I'll blog  =)

I would like to keep this simple and sweet. So, in no particular order, here are the top five reasons I am becoming Catholic:

1.) God- The experience described at the beginning of this post.

2.) Jesus said; "this is..." 

3.) Prayer- I don't have a post for this one, but before my initial experience I was already in a place of prayer and fasting about the "right" church for me.  And whether or not I was there, and then of course in almost constant prayer afterwards, and always felt called towards Catholicism.

4.) I couldn't find anything I was protesting...except Protestant things. I kept trying to find fault in the Catholic church, and I just couldn't. I could, however find faults in Protestantism.

5.) We are called to be one. One. Not thousands upon thousands working against each other, and teaching different things. One. One body, working in perfect harmony, with many parts.


Pretty simple. In fact, looking at this list and reflecting on the last year and all the anxiety and tears, and worry, and anger makes me think I'm a little silly with a flair for the dramatics!

Pray for me, and I'll see you again when I'm Catholic! Now for some screaming, crying, praying, and sleep. Mostly sleep. And prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...seriously, I get so excited when I get comments! =)