Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Vigil 2013 (Photos)

My step dad e-mailed me photos from my baptism last night! So, I thought I'd share a few with you!

Here I am getting baptized. He said; "the sacraments are meant to be celebrated!" and so he did! You can't really tell it here, but I am actually STANDING in the font! The big bowl is a fountain that pours into the baptismal that I'm standing in.  


I was completely soaked! As you can see, he used a crystal bowl instead of the shell that I've seen many others use, It was an amazing experience! 


Here he is pouring the chrism on. It smells amazing. We decided it would be best to have my hair up so he could tell how much oil he used, he had a bad experience with using too much oil once! My hair was a lovely, oily, fragrant, mess afterwards, and I wouldn't want it any other way!


This was a deeply intense moment where I truly felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.


I chose St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. This was such a beautiful ceremony!




Woohoo! I'm Catholic now!


My niece, Amelia Rose needed her aunt after such a long service! Me, Tom, and Amelia pose for a photo after the Easter Vigil!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...seriously, I get so excited when I get comments! =)